SmartyGrants allows easy access to historical information pertaining to any applicant (essential for eligibility checks), as well as powerful functionality to streamline the work of both internal and external assessors.
Application review features that we know you'll love
- Allows online application reviews/assessments by multiple internal and/or external assessors
- Ability to control which applications assessors can see
- Supports “blind assessments”
- Same intuitive form design capability as used for applications
- Save and load filters to find applications easily
- Move applications between stages in bulk
- Assessors can score, rate or comment on applications according to criteria set by the grantmaker
- Generate assessment reports
- Side-by-side assessment – assessors can view the completed application in the same window as the assessment form
- Easily track assessment progress through an administrator dashboard
|Idealware Criteria*||Idealware Rating
|47. Supports at least a single review comment and rating for each application.|
|48. Lets reviewers easily print grant summaries.
|49. Lets you see a history of a relationship with prospective grantees— for example, what grants they’ve applied for or been given in the past.|
|50. External or internal reviewers can print grant summaries or full grant information (including attachments). Lets multiple reviewers each rate an application, with at least one comment and one numeric grade for each application.|
|51. Provides a simplified “portal” interface to allow reviewers to see and review grant applications without navigating the full grants management interface.|
|52. Proposal owner and management staff can be automatically notified when reviews are completed, either via email or within the system.|
|53. Supports checklist functionality to define what information or documents you require from prospective grantees.
Provides strong online application functionality, including the ability to reopen online applications once they've been submitted if more information is required from the applicant.
|54. Lets multiple reviewers each numerically rate an application on a number of different factors, and add comments.|
|55. Supports different information or scoring schemes for different programs.|
|56. Supports online viewing and reviewing of applications.|
|57. Lets you track external reviewers’ interests, potential conflicts of interest, and geographic location or area of expertise and use those criteria to assign applications for review.|
|58. Lets reviewers see each other’s comments and grades, if you allow it.|
|59. Lets you view numeric review scores and report them as summary statistics—for example, average score—and aggregate them.|
|60. Lets you define automatic steps and rules, or “workflow,” for the grants review process.|