Permissions & Workflow
You want your system to adhere to privacy and probity requirements and be easy to use. SmartyGrants allows you to provide/restrict access to certain information to certain people. Its powerful but simple system of permissions allows administrators to control who can see and do what, when.
Permissions features that we know you'll love
- Unlimited number of user accounts
- Your administrator/s maintain full control over who accesses the system
- Assign different access levels to the system or restrict users to specific programs
- Ability to separate programs into multiple ‘instances’, allowing grantmakers to create separate stand-alone grants programs (additional charges may apply)
- Workflow supported through stages (which you define, to match your grantmaking process) and tasks
- Move applications between stages in bulk
- Monitor key dates using the calendar in SmartyGrants, also available through an iCal feed
- Assign tasks to specific users and monitor their progress
- Quickly view your own tasks through "My Tasks"
|Idealware Criteria*||Idealware Rating
|142. Lets you grant individuals access (or not) to certain large areas of system information, such as a module.|
|143. Has at least two different internal interfaces—for example, an admin view and a reviewer view—to provide a simpler experience for users with less complex needs.|
|144. Records a number of specific actions—for example, grant approvals, status changes, and new grantee records—in a system audit log.|
|145. Lets you grant individuals granular access to view, edit, or delete data for a wide variety of system functions.|
|146. Lets you define user or group permissions on a field-by-field basis.|
|147. Provides “dashboard” views, which summarise the grants and tasks currently relevant to each individual user.|
|148.Lets you assign tasks, such as the review of a progress report, to particular users through workflow functionality.|
|149. Provides a standard, focused, roles-based view for management and board members.
Assigns tasks to users based on rules and roles.